Being mobile is extremely important during the growing stage of a kid. In these difficult conditions, where allowing kids outside to play active outdoor sports is risky; children cannot contain their excitement and energy within the four walls solely with indoor games. This is the time when they need physical activity within the boundaries of their home and a tricycle can come to the rescue.
In addition to being a good activity for both indoors and outdoors, tricycles help in developing several cognitive abilities in a child like his learning mechanism, problem-solving skills, sense of surroundings, etc. Tricycles also help to develop body balance in children and are a good start to your child’s training in riding vehicles. They help in improving control over his head and trunk movements and reducing the energy used for keeping body balance. Stretching and strengthening the joints, bones, and muscles is extremely essential for a kid and a tricycle ride provides just the perfect exercise for inducing overall body movement. A tricycle with three wheels for balance is a good introduction to two-wheeled bicycles and bikes that your child would ride later in life. Cycling provides enough exercise to give your child quality sleep at night. 60 minutes of cycling is highly recommended for growing infants and toddlers.
Tricycles and baby bikes are available with a variety of features and they might be quite an investment. As a product for children, you must be careful enough while choosing one as their security and learning depend on the tricycle. To ease your selection, here are seven products from different baby bike categories followed by a detailed buying guide to give you a fair idea about the areas of concern.
Top Baby Bikes, Trikes to Buy in 2021
Top eight microwave ovens have been reviewed in the following section.
- Suited for kids between 1.5 to 5 years of age, this cycle is available in 5 attractive colors and 4 stages of each bike for kids of different age groups.
- The seat is cushioned making it comfortable for kids and it’s possible to disassemble and re-assemble the parts if required. Its sturdy metal body is safe and stable and prevents the toppling of the bike.
- It comes with a canopy and parental protection and adjustment handle. The wheels have a “plug and play” feature and it also comes with a storage basket and seat belt. It has a foldable footrest.
- Though the price of this product is higher than most others in this category, it leaves little to no place for complaints regarding security, durability, comfort, and your kid’s learning experience.
- Available in 5 cute colors, this tricycle is recommended for children above 2 months of age.
- The product can be assembled easily without much technical knowledge.
- The parental controls can be easily used to change directions and there’s a foldable foot-rest.
- It has a padded seat but does not come with a canopy.
- Though it has a strong and durable build, customers complain about the foot-rest being very close to the seat for children above 15 months as the seat is non-adjustable.
- It comes with a front basket and the parental controls can be removed when your child grows up.
- It’s highly recommended within the budget-friendly range.
- Safe and secure for your child, this bike is free from Esthers, and harmful chemicals, and has quality certifications from BIS, IS 98, and EN.
- It’s a self-installation product and is quite easy to assemble with the help of a video provided by the brand.
- It’s recommended for children between the age group of 18 months and 5 years. However, the manufacturer does not provide spare parts and you might require getting the entire set replaced in case of manufacturing defects.
- The product is sturdy and would create a good sense of balance for your child.
- It’s comfortable but does not have a canopy or a safety harness for the seat.
- It has a sturdy metal build, leather seats, lights, and sound.
- Available in 4 attractive color combinations, this baby bike is perfect for kids aged 12 months to 6 years.
- This bike comes with a canopy, a pouch to store staff, storage baskets, an adult control handle, a safety harness, and a front handlebar with a lock mechanism.
- This is a self-installation product and comes with a spanner and other tools in the installation kit.
- It’s quite sturdy and made of carbon steel that ensures your child’s security against toppling.
- As your child grows up, you can remove the handlebar and canopy whereas smaller children can use the footrest, but the height of the seat isn’t adjustable.
- The front wheel doesn’t have a lock but with the handlebar, the guardians can decide on the direction of the bike and also stop it when required.
- This tricycle is available in 3 cute colors and is designed in the shape of a bike.
- It comes with a back-rest with the seat, LED lights, and music buttons to play nursery rhymes to the kid for his entertainment.
- The curvy seat has storage space under it and the PU rugged tread wheels with a wide wheel-base provide stability and security from toppling to your kid.
- It’s recommended for children between 2 and 5 years of age.
- It also has a back-view mirror and you can use the light and sound system with 2 AA batteries.
- However, the seat height is not adjustable and hence if your child is taller, he/ she might have issues with the pedals.
- Additionally, there isn’t any power button to switch off the light and sound thus draining the batteries.
- This EN 71 safety certified tricycle is available in 5 attractive colors and ensures your kid’s safety as its priority.
- It has a foldable UV-resistant detachable sun canopy and “Plug and Play” wheels.
- It comes with 2 point security belts with a cushioned seat that also has a back-rest and a secured front bar.
- It’s recommended for children in the age group of 1.5 to 5 years.
- The parental control handle is efficient in maintaining the speed of your child while cycling and this bike also come with a storage basket.
- The stylish push bar is equipped with directional control and is removable and adjustable for your child to freely enjoy the ride without pedaling.
- The pedals have safety locks and the foot-rest is foldable.
- Installation tools are provided with the product but the seat height isn’t adjustable.
- Available in five cute colors for your kid, this baby bike by the brand R for Rabbit is perfect for the age group of 1.5 to 5 years.
- It’s a self-assemble model with Plug and Play rubber wheels.
- It has a parental control push bar with direction control so that your baby can enjoy the ride without the need to pedal.
- Its sturdy body is made of alloy steel and it has a foldable footrest.
- The seat is comfortable and comes with 2 point harness to ensure your kid’s security.
- Its EN 71 certified for safety. The parental control is detachable but the tricycle does not have a break system or height adjustable seat.
- However, it can carry up to 25kgs of weight without worries.
The Baby Bikes, Trikes Buying Guide
Buying a bike for your kid requires you to research a lot of specifications before choosing a product because, in addition to it being an investment, the bike/ tricycle is also going to carry around a child and needs to be durable, stable, secure, and comfortable. Here are some features that you need to consider thoroughly.
Type of tricycles or bikes:
Infant tricycles, Steering tricycles, Classic tricycles, and Learn-to-ride tricycles are usually the common types of baby bikes available in the market and you need to choose the one suiting your child’s age and requirements. Kids between the age of 12 and 24 months can use the infant tricycles with a parental control handlebar to maintain the speed and direction when the kid is riding it. Steering and learn-to-ride tricycles can be used both outdoors and indoors by children above the age of 1.5 to 2 years, without parental help. These are suited for kids who would learn to maintain balance and pedal. The classic tricycle is one for kids of any age to zoom around. You need to keep your child’s height and weight in mind before picking one.
You need to prevent the toppling of your kid when he/ she lose balance. Hence, buying a tricycle with a sturdy design and that’s lower to the ground ensures your kid does not get hurt even if he or she falls. Most infant tricycles have safety harnesses and parental handlebars to ensure that the tricycle is operated at a low speed and the baby doesn’t fall. Also, a bigger front tire provides more balance to the tricycle and makes your kid more stable. Wearing a safety helmet is also recommended.
Details of the features and Design:
Tricycles with a variety of features are available at your dispense but one whose design is close to the ground with a seat at the same level is recommended for infants and toddlers whereas for slightly older kids, a seat higher than the pedals with handles for steering is more comfortable in a bike or tricycle. Some other features that you need to look for are:
- Adjustable heights of the seat so that it can be increased to comfortably suit your kid as he/ she grows.
- Lightweight and foldable design so that the tricycle can be easily stored and assembled.
- A storage basket at the front and back of the tricycle is essential to carry your kid’s favorite toys and other stuff on the go.
- The tricycle should have a minimum weight capacity of 15 Kgs.
- There are additional features like a canopy (with or without UV protection), cup holder, adjustable and detachable handle-grip, handgrip on the back of the seat, comfortable seat and footrest, etc.
Along with all the above features, needless to say, you need to consider your budget before buying as with additional features, the budget would increase. Happy Shopping!