Let’s understand why Car Air Purifier is essential these days. As our lifestyle is pacing up to suit the competitive world, we’re exposing ourselves to more and more health hazards. Pollution being one of them. As air pollution is grasping the city life, it’s essential to stay safe and breathe pure. Thus, air purifiers have become an integral part of our lives recently.
In addition to rooms and offices, our cars are a place where we spend a major portion of our lives i.e. while traveling. It’s essential to keep our car’s interiors clean and purified so that even on the most polluted roads, we can secure our lungs. Air purifiers in India are gaining huge customer acceptance from masses. In recent years, we are seeing huge demand for car air purifiers as well.
The smoke, dust, toxic gases, cigarette smoke can make air quality in cars very very bad for occupants. A purifier for car can ensure that all this polluted air is converted into fresh air on the go. Hence car air purifiers are being used by thousands of people and their variety is huge. You will probably be confused with so many brands, designs, and functions. Hence, we have a list of selected seven car air purifiers that are best in the market.
Best Car Air Purifiers to Buy in 2021
Top seven Purifiers have been identified and are reviewed here by TrustCentral team.
Designed in Japan, this car air purifier promises to remove dust particles as small as PM 2.5, and 99.9% of viruses and bacteria. With a USB power source and easy-to-grip black aluminum-alloy body, the air purifier offers the following features.
Key features of Nebelr Purifier:
- Air is cleaned from particulate matter and toxins using 10 million negative ions also called “vitamins in air” and “natural oxidation” that have several health benefits.
- Secondly, it comes with powerful 360-degree air purification with internal fans forcing out the negative oxygen ions quickly.
- Also, it’s safe to use for kids as well because the body remains cool after use and it is chemical-free.
- Lastly, it has high and low-speed modes to adjust the speed of ion delivery.
- It has no filter hence saves you on the efforts for cleaning.
- It’s perfect for people with allergies.
- Automatically starts with the car starting.
- It works best for spaces under 30 cubic meters only.
One of the most affordable air purifiers, this device comes with 2 years of warranty and in a compact size that makes it highly portable. This air purifier can be used in cars as well as small rooms. Having a look at its features, here are the highlights.
Key features of ANSIO Car Air Purifier.
- It comes with multi-stage air purification with the stages being Pre-filter, HEPA filter, black activated carbon filter, filter equipped with photocatalytic titanium dioxide, UV lamp, and ionizer releasing negative ions.
- There’s an aroma pad after the 6-stage filtration process which adds essential oil fragrances to the air.
- The device comes with high speed, low speed, and a smart mode where the smart mode automatically detects the air quality and sets the speed accordingly.
- It reduces total volatile organic compounds in addition to formaldehyde, odors, dust, allergens, etc.
- It has a 20,000 hours life.
- The 6 filters require periodic cleaning every 3 to 6 months depending on the air quality of your city.
This car air purifier by Vantro comes with LED lights, a digital display, and a touch screen function to add to the aesthetics of your car interiors. With a sturdy aluminum alloy body, this product is built to last.
Key features of Vantro Smart Car Air Purifier.
- Intelligent air quality sensor to detect and display the temperature, humidity, and quality of air in your car’s interior.
- 360-degree air purification using 10 million anions to remove 99% of germs and dust particles.
- Comes with a filter screen, HEPA filter, an activated carbon filter to remove toxic and harmful substances and purify air naturally.
- You can charge this using a power bank as well (requires 5V input).
- 7 colorful LED lights are used to decorate your car’s interiors.
- It’s safe and reliable for allergic patients and children.
- The filters require regular maintenance for proper operation.
This air purifier combines ionization as well as HEPA filtration for the maximum purification of air inside your car. This makes it suitable for babies, people with allergies, and pregnant mothers. Let’s have a look at what are the key features that this product has to offer.
Key features of Purita Classic Car Air Purifier with Multi Layer HEPA Filtration:
- It comes with multi-layer filtration and uses a Pre-filter, HEPA filter, activated carbon, and anions that removes 99.9% of harmful gases, smog, animal hairs, odors, and other particulate matter.
- Intelligent mode function varies the speed of this device automatically after sensing the air quality.
- It comes with a premium alloy body for long term use.
- It perfectly fits on a cup-holder.
- Produces noise lower than 29 dB.
- As this device comes with several filters, it requires regular cleaning and maintenance.
With CE, Rohs & Iso 9001:2015 certification this heavy-duty air purifier with ABS plastic body and a tough build easily fits into most cup holders of cars. It also adds to the aesthetics of your car’s interiors without consuming much space.
Key features of Airspa With Device Car Air Purifier With Hepa & Ioniser:
- HEPA Filtration- High-Efficiency Particulate Air is a type of filter that can separate particles as small as 0.3 micrometers by forcing air through a mesh.
- Cleans air by using anions released at the rate of 50 million/ccm.
- It needs to be plugged into a 12V power supply using a USB cable.
- It removes Benzene, Formaldehyde, and PM 2.5 particles.
- It comes with a power cable and can be used with the cigarette lighter of a car.
- Working condition, on/off condition is indicated by red and green light indicators.
- It requires proper assembling before it can be used.
- The filter requires a cool and dry environment to function properly.
Another air purifier by Sharp, this has a classic metallic black body and is also suitable for small rooms up to 30 square feet. You also get a 2-port USB adapter with which you can charge your phone or power bank when this air purifier is on. Let’s look at what else this has to offer.
Key features of Sharp Plasmacluster Air Purifier IG-GC2E-B:
- Quick deodorization removes mold odors in addition to food and smoke smells to give you a fresh car interior.
- Quiet operation makes this device almost inaudible for electric cars as well.
- It can also be used as your air sterilizer by simply plugging it into your PC.
- It’s quite light-weight as compared to other air filters.
- You can open your car windows without affecting the performance of this air purifier and get clean air inside your car.
- It has a washable PM10 filter for thicker dust.
- The PM10 filter needs to be cleaned regularly depending on the amount of pollution in your city, for the proper functioning of the air purifier.
Specially designed for modern automobiles, this air purifier fits into cup holders of any car with a highly compact and sturdy plastic design. This device takes care of the aesthetic illumination of your car’s interiors and is as quiet as 28db.
Key features of Sharp IG-DC2E-B (Black) Plasmacluster Ion Generator:
- Comes with natural plasma cluster air purification that neutralizes allergens, air-borne viruses, bacteria, microbes, and molds.
- No cost of replacement for up to 19000 hours (8 years).
- Disperses positive and negative ions to break down odors and microorganisms in the air.
- Specially designed Turbo mode for quick de-odorization.
- The unit only consumes a maximum of 2.3 watts on the high mode.
- Can be used on the car’s 12V cigarette lighter.
- This product can be used only inside a car.
The Car Air Purifier Buying Guide
What are the main things to look for while buying a Car Air Purifier? here’s our list of features that you must consider while buying an air purifier and invest in the right product.
# 1. HEPA filter:
It’s a dust collection technology developed in Japan that successfully eliminates 99.97% of air pollutants as small as 0.03 micrometers.
# 2. Layered Purification:
The pre-filter, activated carbon filter, and HEPA filter removes the particulate matter at the first stage, gaseous matter and odors at the second, and PM 2.5 and SPM at the third stage from the car. Thus these three filters combined, remove 99.99% of germs, pollutants, and gases inside your car.
# 3. User-friendly Design:
If your air filter is easy to assemble, install, and operate then it saves your time and money as well. It’s suggested that you choose a filter that operates simply on plugging in the car’s cigarette lighter. Also, several air filters identify the air condition and switch the speed of anion delivery accordingly. Such devices are convenient to use without you having to pay much attention to the functioning and requirement of cleaning.
# 4. Consider the Purifier Size:
Usually car air purifiers are compact and portable. Many of them even fit into the cup holders of the car and have LED lighting to enhance the aesthetic appeal of your car. You should consider one such compact device so that your car doesn’t look cramped and disorganized.
# 5. Budget:
Several purifiers offer more than what you would need. It’s suggested that you take a thorough study of your city’s air condition and evaluate your requirements before you buy any product.
We hope this article helps you in your selection. Happy Shopping!