The worst nightmare for every car owner is being stuck on a lonely road or a deserted place with a flat tire and no mechanic in sight. These situations can waste a lot of your time and also leave you unguarded at unfamiliar locations that can be a threat to the safety of your person and your vehicle.
To tackle such situations, several portable, compact, and easy-to-use tire inflators are available in the market for cheap prices. Tire inflators also care for your car as tires with low pressure can reduce your car’s mileage and increase fuel consumption. Even with limited mechanical knowledge, you can use a digital tire inflator on your own in unforeseen conditions and fix your car without requiring to seek external help.
With several tire inflators available in the market, here we have a solution to your confusion with six of the products which are most suitable for amateur users and users car owners on a budget. We also have a buying guide that will help you select the perfect device based on its features and your requirements.
Top Tyre Inflators to Buy in 2021
Top five car tyre inflators have been reviewed in the following section.
This budget-friendly air compressor is perfect for domestic use and is customized for people who can’t handle technical complexities. This air compressor promises swift operation and takes less than 4 minutes to inflate a tire from flat to 30 PSI.
Key features of TUSA Digital Car Tyre Inflator with LED Light:
- A long cable of about 3.7 meters reaches all four tires no matter how far are they from the ignition point.
- The tire inflator switches off automatically after inflating the tire.
- The customer has a 1-year warranty for manufacturing defects of the product.
- Can be used for inflating a wide variety of vehicles.
- Is compact and requires minimum space for storage.
- Comes with an LED light to indicate emergencies.
- This inflator is slightly heavier than other inflators in this range.
One of the heavy-duty and sturdy tire inflators, this product has 50L/ minute air output which makes inflating quicker and easier. Made of ABS plastic, copper, and metal, this tire inflator comes with a spare fuse and utility nozzles. Looking at the features, here are some of the important ones.
Key features of RNG EKO GREEN Digital Tyre Inflator:
- Desired pressure can be set and the device can be started with a simple one button.
- Auto-shutoff prevents the tires from getting over-inflated and a pressure gauge keeps the tires in a safe condition.
- 3 modes of built-in LED lighting and a digital display that’s functional in both day-time and nights, suit your different requirements.
- 11.9 feet long power cord with 3 extra nozzles take care of different sizes of tires and inflatables conveniently.
- It’s an export quality product and comes with a 2-year warranty.
- The product comes with a built-in bin to store the air compressor and also increase the lifetime of the device.
- It’s slightly more pricey than the other inflators.
Another tire inflator by Tusa, this digital inflator comes with the feature of auto shut-off which means it shuts down automatically after filling the tires. Some of its features are given below.
Key features of TUSA Digital Tyre Inflator with Auto shutoff:
- This product can inflate a tire from flat to 33 PSI in under 4 minutes.
- The 12.10 feet long cable can reach all 4 tires no matter how far they are from the ignition point.
- An in-built pressure gauge is used not just to pump air but to check the pressure in the tires.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty but you can register on their website to get an extended warranty.
- You can also view the current pressure of the tire on the gauge before inflating.
- It weighs around 1.18 kgs that somewhat reduces its portability.
This lightweight tire inflator is highly portable and comes with its own case. Perfect for inflating scooter, car, or bike tires on the go, this device can inflate a bike tire in 2 minutes and a car tire in 5 minutes.
Key features of Woscher 1610 Portable Mini Tyre Inflator:
- The 10 feet power cord of the compressor is designed to inflate all four tires without the difficulty of reach.
- Overheating is prevented by using the scientific technique of bi-directional heat dissipation using an exhaust vent.
- The maximum pressure is 100 PSI.
- 2 additional adapters are provided with the power cord.
- It weighs 748 g which makes it easy to carry.
- You have to be cautious about manually turning the inflator off after the tire has been sufficiently inflated.
- You cannot use this for more than 10 minutes.
This tire inflator is perfect for various inflatables and is electrically operated. Easy and quick inflammation for car, bicycle, and vehicle tires. Compact design aids in carrying the device. Let’s have a detailed look at its features.
Key features of Coido 3326 Electric Tyre Inflator:
- Both flasher and air compressor have an on/off switch to increase ease of usability.
- Pressure checking gauge ensures safety while using the inflator.
- Fast air delivery reduces the inflating time.
- It comes with a built-in work light that illuminates the surrounding work area.
- Built-in storage has compartments to store cigarette lighter cord and nozzles.
- It weighs more than 1kg.
The Car Tyre Inflator Buying Guide
Tire inflators can be a lifesaver. The portable ones that are for domestic use can save you in the middle of a lonely road. You have a wide variety of inflators in the market and they serve different requirements. Before you invest in any, you need to consider the following points.
Storage and Portability:
A tire inflator for domestic use must be compact and take up little space in your car. Also, to ensure portability, the weight of the tire inflator must be less.
Some devices have the auto-shutoff feature to prevent over-inflation of the tires while some need to be manually switched off. Some devices can identify the pressure of the tire before inflation and adjust the PSI settings accordingly whereas some of them require these to be done by you. The extra conveniences add to the cost of the machine but it’s worth it. If you don’t have much technical knowledge, then these automation features would prove extremely helpful for you on the go.
The time required for inflation:
The time taken to inflate different sizes of tires should guide your choice as it gives you a somewhat clear idea about how long you have to wait before your tire is inflated. Devices with quicker functionality cost slightly more but save on your time and energy. Also, the length of the power cord should be suitable enough for reaching all four tires conveniently and that too reduces the time taken for inflation.
Suitable tire size:
Some inflators have fixed tire sizes on which they work. You need to be very careful while choosing one and have in mind, the tire size of your requirement. If you go wrong in this, you might waste your money on a non-functional device that would also take up your car space.
This indicates the amount of time that your inflator would take before it cools down and is ready for the next use. The longer the duty cycle, the longer your product would take to cool down before you can use it again. If your device is listed as “50% duty cycle” then it means the inflator can run continuously without having to stop for cooling.
While portable tire inflators can plug into your cigarette lighter with convenience, the battery-operated ones more practical although it requires you to change them from time to time.
Portable air inflators for domestic use aren’t generally too expensive but you must consider the features that you would really need and avoid paying more for features that you’re never going to use.
We hope this article aids your choice. Happy shopping and Drive Safe!