Coffee is undoubtedly an inseparable part of the hectic schedules that most young professionals lead. It’s one of the most refreshing beverages and provides an instant energy boost. From people addicted to coffee to people who consume it as an option for a beverage, a coffee maker suits all needs. From the simple manual ones to the hi-tech automatic machines, coffee makers are available in a variety of sizes and with all the features that one would probably need. They belong to a wide price range. With so many options out there, you might be confused regarding investing in any, and hence we present to you, six selected products followed by a comprehensive buying guide that, we hope, would clarify the important specifications that need to be taken care of while purchasing.
Top Coffee Makers to Buy in 2021
Top six coffee makers have been reviewed in the following section.
Key features of DeLonghi EC685.M 1350-Watt Espresso Coffee Machine:
- Among the category of luxury coffee makers, this one by DeLonghi can make professional-quality cappuccino, espresso, and dispense hot water with its 15 bar pressure mechanism.
- It has an advanced manually operated cappuccino-making system for producing creamy and frothy cappuccino.
- The thermoblock system heats up to the ideal temperature for brewing within just 40 seconds.
- The drip tray and water tank are removable for easy cleaning and it has a flow stop function to personalize your coffee.
- The coffee maker can be operated with the on/off button with automatic stand by to save energy.
- It has a cup warmer and a descaling alarm.
- The outer body is built-to-last, is made of metal, and is available in 3 colors.
- It has a capacity of 1 liter and comes in a sleek and compact design.
- However, as compared to the other products with similar features, this product is a bit pricey.
Key features of Black & Decker DCM600B 5-Cup Coffeemaker:
- With a capacity of 5 cups, this Black & Decker coffee maker is available in a classy black color.
- This product has a duralife glass carafe coffee and water-marking system, and the water level can be easily viewed from the transparent window.
- The filter basket is easily removable for cleaning.
- This product comes within the affordable range and has a sturdy build that’ll last you for years.
- This coffee maker functions on 110 V AC and you might need an adapter to use this product.
- Other than this, the compactness of this coffee maker lets it fit into smaller kitchen spaces and delivers professional-quality coffee within a few minutes.
Key features of Morphy Richards New Europa 800-Watt Espresso and Cappuccino 4-Cup Coffee Maker:
- This coffee maker by Morphy Richards is capable of making espresso, coffee latte, and cappuccino for 4 people at one go.
- It has a special turbo cappuccino nozzle to give a lot of froth to your coffee and a coffee strength selector to match the taste with your choice.
- The glass carafe with this coffee maker collects the ready beverage and indicates the amount to be served for each cup.
- It has a stainless steel 2-cup filter that filters the extracts efficiently for a smooth coffee with consistent flavors.
- The coffee maker also has a removable drip tray to collect the coffee that might spill during operations and clean it without hassle.
- However, some customers have complained about leakage problems with this coffee maker.
Key features of Bajaj 17 Litres Solo Microwave Oven:
- Perfect for making Cappuccino, Espresso, Americano, and Coffee latte, this coffee maker can be chosen from 3 colors and in 3 sizes, with or without the protective sleeve.
- The 4 part superior filtration technology ensures little to no grinds in your coffee brew.
- Built to last, this coffee maker is made of an extra tough borosilicate glass carafe with water level markings and premium grade 18/8 stainless steel.
- Coffee can be prepared in less than 4 minutes in this coffee maker with a sleek and compact design.
- The product comes with two extra mesh filters so that you need not worry about replacement for a long time, a small coffee scoop, and an add-on cleaning brush for the carafe with soft sponge-like bristles that won’t damage the glass walls.
- Besides, this product can also be used to make tea, froth milk, and squash fruits and extract the juice.
- A multi-purpose device at a comparatively cheaper price, this is a perfect budget buy.
# 5. Bison International Marine French Press BPA Free Coffee Espresso and Tea Maker with 4 Level Filtration System
Key features of Bison International Marine French Press BPA Free Coffee Espresso and Tea Maker with 4 Level Filtration System:
- Another French press coffee maker that can be used to make other beverages like tea, as well, this product uses BPA proof plastic strainer on the lid, 304 food-grade stainless steel, and a thermal resistant borosilicate glass carafe.
- The coffee undergoes 4 levels of filtration- a three-piece stainless steel filter and infuser system followed by a top lid strainer to give you lump-free pure coffee.
- An add-on tea or coffee scoop is also provided with the product. It’s lightweight, sturdy, and sleek enough to be a perfect fit for traveling.
- The filters, french press, and glass pot can be easily cleaned under running water and with mild soap.
Key features of Preethi Dripcafe Coffee Maker (White):
- A sturdy coffee maker made of stainless steel, this product promises to provide authentic South Indian filter coffee within minutes with its microfine filter that provides fine decoction and heat-sensitive thermal fuse.
- It has a concealed 450W heating element for faster brewing and has accurate temperature control.
- The product also mentions being made of high-grade heat-resistant plastic but customers have complained about an unsatisfactory finish in some of the pieces.
- This coffee maker is easy to clean and works fine with medium roasted filter coffee as well as store-bought coffee.
The Coffee Maker Buying Guide
For a coffee lover, the taste of a perfectly brewed lump-free coffee whose strength suits you just right, a good quality coffee maker is a blessing in disguise. With a plethora of options out there, here’s a list of the features that you should inspect before picking a coffee maker.
The Convenience of Usage:
Depending on whether you would like your coffee ready in the morning as soon as you get out of bed or you’d want to make it on your own, you can go for the programmable electric coffee maker, the less automated electric coffee machine that requires some of your attention, or the manually handled coffee makers like the French press or espresso pots that require your full attention and engagement in the process of coffee making.
Touchpad or Tact Keys:
Modern microwave ovens come with touch pad controls. It is easy to operate and clean such microwave ovens. However, conventional knobs and keys offer durability.
Type(s) of Coffee Preferred:
Hybrid machines that can make espresso as well as other types of coffees are preferred by many but you can also choose between usual coffee makers and stovetop espresso machines depending on your taste. Hybrid machines take lesser space than having both the espresso and coffee maker and also cost lesser. However, if you’re looking for the best quality of coffee or espresso, then the hybrids may not be a great choice cause pod machines often can’t produce the authentic taste of espresso, latte, or cappuccino even if they have the options for these separately.
Size of the Brew:
Coffee makers are available in plenty of sizes- from a single-serve to serving a whole party. Some coffee makers also offer a wide range of brew sizes and there are also the ones that can brew coffee for a large gathering. Single-serve sized carafes of coffee makers are perfect for single people and a family of professionals whereas the larger coffee pots can suit breakfast, snacks, etc. of medium-sized families.
Timing of the Machine:
If you require a lot of coffee throughout the day, you might opt for machines with thermally insulated pots that keep the beverage steaming hot for hours. However, such carafes may give a burnt flavor to the coffee if it’s left in there for too long, in which case a pod machine would be perfect where you need not worry about switching it off. A glass brewer with a warming plate is enough for people who drink coffee only in the morning.
Size of the Measure:
The machine’s size is important for it to fit into its designated space and also be carried around (if you require doing so). Machines with bigger carafes produce more coffee but are bulky. You also need to check if the cups/ mugs fit into the machine, under the brewer or you may go for one that requires you to pour out your drink. Depending on your kitchen style, you can choose the design of loading the ingredients into the coffee maker.
More complicated and costly machines have several options for the strength of the coffee, brew size, and water’s or milk’s temperature. Hybrid machines also have different modes for different coffees whereas the simpler machines are easier to use and cost less. Cup or capsule machines allow you to prepare tea, hot chocolate, etc. other than coffee and have different modes for them.
Options for programmed brewing at specific times, auto-shutoff, keep-warm, a thermal carafe, alerts through sound or lights, milk frothing, grinding coffee beans, etc. are some of the additional features that you might want in your coffee machine. With the increase in features, the complexity and cost of the machine, as well as its size, at times, would increase proportionately.
Keeping these things in mind will help you to purchase the right coffee maker. Checking reviews and ratings of the products before buying is highly recommended. Happy Shopping!