Are you a “health-conscious cosmopolitan young adult” who’s too busy with his/ her life and does not have much time to take care of his/ her physical health? Or, are you simply too lazy to visit the gym? Whatever might be the reason, you need no additional justifications regarding why you should start working out.
The 21st century professional life has already taken a toll on our physical and mental well-being. To add to this, we have the pandemic that has locked us up and forced us to replace whatever short vacation we had planned with an extended staycation.
In this condition, you can’t possibly open up a gym at your home. You can’t ignore the benefits of light to moderate exercising in your daily life as well. If you’re an amateur exerciser, you can probably try out an exercise bike for home. This device is usually cheaper than the other fitness equipment and gives you a good full-body workout.
Exercising on a bike not just helps in weight loss and correcting your posture but also boosts your heart health, brain function, reduces the risk of diabetes, stress, menstrual pains, etc. The benefits of using an exercise bike are quite a few. Several bikes are available in the market but we have selected some for you here. From the learner to the pro, you will find your perfect bike here.
Best Exercise Bikes in 2021
Here are the top seven exercise bikes that can help you reduce weight in this new year.
Supporting up to 100 kgs, this full-body workout bike is a stationary cycle that promises to strengthen your lower body and increase the endurance of your upper body as you pedal with its dual-action arms feature. It has an air resistance mechanism and belt drive system. This bike comes with a soft cushioned seat to provide you with comfort in your workout routine.
Key features of Reach Air Bike Exercise Cycle:
- Easy user-friendly interface to track your time, distance, speed, calories burnt, etc. All these details are displayed on an LCD that also helps to scan modes and track your time.
- Ergonomically designed seats with large adjustable cushions provide a comfortable exercising experience. Stiffness of the back, muscle aches, and strains can be prevented as the high-density foam is used on the handlebars.
- It uses an improved pedaling technique and allows for less momentum-based recovery.
- The belt requires less maintenance.
- The bike works quietly and doesn’t disturb the people around you.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty.
- The item weighs around 20 kgs.
This light-weight exercise bike for a home gym is perfect for burning calories and increasing flexibility at home. The frame of this bike is made of steel and it has an adjustable cushioned seat for low impact during aerobic exercise. This bike is a stylish red and silver one and occupies a small space.
Key features of Powermax Fitness BU-200 Exercise Bike for Home.
- It comes with an LCD console to display the time, speed, distance, scan, calories burnt, odometer, and pulse.
- The bike has a single piece of the crank of 5.5 inches which is made up of the arms onto which the pedals are screwed.
- It comes with an anti-skid pedal and foot straps.
- Heart rate sensors on the handlebars measure the heartbeat.
- It can handle up to 100 kgs of weight.
- The micro-adjustable tension control lets you exercise at the pressure you can handle.
- Onsite installation isn’t provided by the brand.
Built to last, this model of the Reach air bike has a sturdy steel frame and handles a maximum user weight of 100 kgs. This bike operates silently and the belt requires minimum maintenance. It comes with a cushioned and adjustable seat. The bike accommodates a large number of heights and provides the perfect body posture while exercising so that you reach your workout goals quickly.
Key features of Reach Air Bike Exercise Home Gym Cycle
- It has an adjustable tension knob for various resistance levels to accommodate exercisers from beginner to advanced level.
- The battery-operated digital LCD monitors display the time, speed, distance, calories burnt, etc. in a readable fashion.
- The seat is large and adjustable and the handles are packed with high-density foam for maximum comfort.
- Non-slip pedals with straps make it easy to keep the grip during exercise.
- The ergonomic seating prevents stiffness, muscle strains and aches.
- This bike does not measure your pulse rate.
This bike helps you get an elliptical upper body and the full-body workout is aimed at cardio and strength training. The belt resistance technology combined with durability and performance allows you to reach the full potential.
Key features of Reach AB-110 Air Bike Exercise Fitness Cycle.
- This bike comes with a back support in addition to a large and adjustable cushioned seat.
- The dual workout option helps in the workout of only the lower body using the stationary handles or the whole body workout using the moving handles.
- A digital LCD monitor that runs on battery and gives an illuminated display of the distance covered, calories burnt, speed, time, etc.
- The wide pedals with an adjustable strap so that your feet don’t slip make it easier to exercise.
- The pedal cranks being placed close to each other offer a realistic cycling experience.
- This bike weighs 21kgs and is quite heavy.
This light weight exercise bike has a body of polypropylene and is available in the black color. It has a magnetic resistance mechanism that provides an enjoyable, useful, and low impact workout. The resistance system can be manually adjusted. Its compact build makes it perfect for domestic use.
Key features of Lifelong LLF54 Fit Pro Stationary Exercise Belt Bike.
- A 320 Belt Bearing System on the exercise belt makes the pedaling softer, gives more durability to the bike, and makes less noise.
- Counterbalanced Pedals provide maximum support to your foot with the foot straps and gives you full control.
- It comes with a tension knob that simulates different terrains making this machine perfect for all workout enthusiasts from beginner to advanced level.
- LCD display shows heart rate, calories burnt, distance, speed, time, etc.
- The product is light-weight.
- Suitable for everyone.
- The size of the seat might not fit people with bigger body structures.
This white colored exercise bike is by Cockatoo has a sturdy body made of rubber, PVC, and premium quality 14-gauge steel tubing with powder coating. It’s custom made for heavy-duty and daily use and does not show much impact of the environment on its show or functionality.
Key features of Cockatoo CUB-01 Smart Series Magnetic Exercise Bike.
- It has a 6” LCD display for speed, time, calories burnt, etc.
- It comes with 8 levels of magnetic resistance system for the beginning level to intense workout sessions.
- The maximum user weight is 100kgs and the user height is 195cm.
- It comes with wheels that increase its portability.
- The bike structure gives your body the perfect form while working out.
- It does not measure the heart rate.
The Definitive Exercise Bikes Buying Guide
With so many options available in the market, you might be confused about which one to pick. Considering the fact that fitness equipment isn’t too cheap, you need to have a thorough look at all the types of bikes and the different aspects that you should be concerned about.
The fact that’s certain is the more you pay the better product you get. So the sturdiness, look, functionality, etc. increases with the price but here we’ll talk about the basics.
There are two types of exercising bikes- the conventional upright style that resembles a regular bicycle and a recumbent bike with support for the back. You can fully extend your hips in a traditional bike and the recumbent one is perfect for people with backaches. If you have a problem with balance or lower-limb injuries, you can try any of them.
You must check the seat of the bike and if it fits you. Also, the distance between the seat and the handlebars determine your position while exercising and hence it’s of high importance. The height and weight that the bike supports are also essential before you buy it.
A clear display with easy controls is mandatory. You must be able to see your heart rate, calories burnt, distance, time, speed, etc. without any inconvenience while exercising.
Bikes that are easily adjustable and have several levels for the workout are the best as you can increase the resistance with your growing experience.
Heart Rate Monitor:
Bikes with chest straps give you the best results without impeding your movement whereas contact monitors measure your heart-rate only when you’re touching them and might become uncomfortable after some time.
Programming of the Bike:
You should prefer a bike that lets you adjust workout routines based on your fitness level. Some bikes consider your age, gender, and weight for heart-rate-controlled workouts which might be your preference.
Exercise bikes have moving parts and might be dangerous for children. Hence if you have kids at your house, it is important to choose a device accordingly.
It’s suggested that you look for at least 2 to 3 years of warranty on the moving parts. Extended warranties might not be the best for you.