A microwave oven is an essential kitchen appliance today for almost every Indian household. Having a microwave oven is beneficial for many reasons. It helps defrosting meats and fishes easily. With a microwave oven, you can cook many Indian and Western dishes. Nevertheless, a convection microwave oven gives you the feature to bake cakes, breads, etc. At the same time, you can grill meats, fishes, and vegetable. Different manufacturers offer different ranges of microwave ovens. In the following section, you can find an unbiased review on some of the top microwave ovens.
Top Microwave Ovens to Buy in 2021
Top eight microwave ovens have been reviewed in the following section.
IFB microwave ovens are designed to suit the requirements of Indian kitchens. This 20 Liter microwave oven is suitable for a small kitchen. With its compact design and silver colored body, it looks elegant. This oven gives option for combination cooking, which means grilling and baking at the same time.
Key features of IFB 20 L Convection Microwave Oven:
- 20 Liters capacity of the oven is perfect for small families and bachelors. It can be used for cooking, defrosting, baking, grilling, reheating, etc.
- Touch keypad on the oven makes it convenient for the users to navigate options or features easily.
- The oven features child lock, which gives safety to children. This feature helps to avoid fatal accidents.
- The oven comes with 24 auto-cooking features. For cooking those 24 dishes, you need to check the recipes mentioned in user manual.
- Small and compact design to suit small kitchens
- Touch pad control
- 24 auto-cooking options
- Combination mode (convection and grill) available
- Too small for a family for 4-5 members
- Upper part of the foods may get overcooked at times
If you are searching for a microwave oven solely for the purpose of reheating and defrosting food items, you will find this product to be suitable. This is a solo microwave oven. That means the oven does not come with grill and convection features.
Key features of IFB 17 L Solo Microwave Oven:
- The oven comes with 17 liter capacity, which is perfect for bachelors and small families. Compact and sleek design of the product makes it suitable for small kitchens.
- This microwave oven from IFB can be used for reheating and defrosting food items. You can also cook Indian and Western dishes with this oven.
- For setting time and temperature, jog dials are there. Knob controls are regarded as more durable than touch pads.
- The product is designed to suit the Indian kitchens. You can cook complex Indian recipes in a few minutes with lesser oil.
- Small and compact design
- Good for defrosting and reheating foods
- Durable knob controls
- 1 year warranty of the product, along with 3 years warranty on magnetron
- Too small for a family of three to four members
Samsung is a well-known manufacturer of various consumer electronics products. This solo microwave oven comes with a capacity of 23 liters. You can use the oven for cooking and reheating foods in minutes. One can also use the appliance for defrosting meats, vegetables, etc.
Key features of Samsung 23 L Solo Microwave Oven:
- 23 liters capacity of the oven is suitable for a small family. You can cook for three to four people in this microwave oven.
- The product features jog dials and tact buttons. Instead of touch pad, buttons and knobs are regarded as durable.
- For the safety of the children at home, the oven comes with child lock. If you have a small kid, you must enable child lock when using the oven.
- The interior can be cleaned easily with a piece of cloth. Ceramic Enamel cavity is non-sticky.
- Durable buttons and knob
- Useful for cooking and reheating foods
- Child lock feature available
- 1 year warranty on the product
- Ceramic cavity makes it difficult to check foods inside the oven from outside
- Little small for medium sized family
Bajaj presents various kinds of consumer electronic goods. Among those goods, kitchen appliances are also included. If you are looking for an inexpensive and trustworthy microwave oven, you can check this product from Bajaj. This is a solo microwave oven, which you can use for cooking, reheating, and defrosting foods. Some of the notable features of the product have been discussed below.
Key features of Bajaj 17 Litres Solo Microwave Oven:
- Small and compact design is the major highlight of this product. It is suitable for small Indian kitchens.
- The capacity of the microwave oven is 17 liters, and it is good for the bachelors and a family of two to three people.
- The oven comes with mechanical control knobs and conventional buttons. Such controls are regarded to be durable.
- It can deliver 700 Watts output, which is perfect for reheating and defrosting foods within a few minutes.
- Small and compact design
- Mechanical knobs
- One year warranty from manufacturer
- 5 cooking levels
- Cooking can be a little slow
- Not suitable for families – good for bachelors only
If you are looking for a convection microwave oven for a medium or large family, this product from IFB can be your consideration. The oven is poised with three functions, and they are convection, microwave, and grilling. You can reheat and cook foods. At the same time, you can bake cakes or breads with this oven.
Key features of IFB 30 L Convection Microwave Oven:
- The oven comes with a capacity of 30 liters. Hence, it is ideal for a medium and large family.
- Though a large oven, it has been designed meticulously so that it does not consume much space in your kitchen.
- It comes with touch keypad, which is perfectly responsive. Nevertheless, touch keypad is easy to clean.
- There are 100 auto-cook functions for the users. You can find those hundred recipes in the guidebook of the oven.
- Responsive touch keypad
- Easy to clean
- Suitable for large family
- 100 auto-cook menu
- One year warranty
- Average customer support
Samsung is a leading and trusted brand for manufacturing the convection microwave ovens. The company has various ranges of products for the buyers. If you are looking for a microwave oven with convection function for a family of two to three, you can choose this product from Samsung. The product is poised with the following features.
Key features of Samsung 21 L Convection Microwave Oven:
- Compact design is the major highlight of the product. With 21 liters capacity, it can serve the purpose of a family of three people.
- This microwave oven can be used for cooking, reheating, and defrosting foods. Convection and grill functions are there for baking cakes and grilling kebabs.
- The microwave capacity is 1200 Watts. With such high capacity, it can cook foods within a few minutes.
- Ceramic Enamel cavity makes the inner walls easy to clean after cooking.
- Small and compact design
- Ceramic enamel inner body
- Easy to clean and operate touch keypad
- Child lock is available
- Too small for a medium family
Having a microwave oven in kitchen makes cooking easier. You can reheat foods and defrost meats within a few minutes. Nevertheless, microwave oven is suitable for cooking too. The best thing is that you can cook with low oil in such ovens. This microwave oven from LG will serve all the purposes as mentioned above. Additionally, you can use the oven for baking cakes and breads.
Key features of LG 32 L Convection Microwave Oven:
- A capacity of 32 liters is suitable for the large and medium families. It fits in the contemporary kitchens nicely.
- Instead of touchpad, you can find tact buttons on this microwave oven. Such buttons are regarded as more durable than touchpad.
- The inside wall of the oven is non-sticky. You can easily clean the oven and maintain top-class hygiene.
- It comes with 301 auto-cook menus. The recipes of all those menus can be found in the guidebook.
- Suitable for large family
- Looks modern and classy
- 301 auto-cook menu
- Grilling with 360-degree rotation
- Easy to make pasteurized milk
- Non-stick tawa included
- Too many functions make things complex for beginners
- Expensive product
When it comes to buying kitchen appliances, products from Morphy Richards are chosen by many buyers. This is a trusted brand for manufacturing top-quality kitchen appliances. If you are searching for a small microwave oven, this product from Morphy Richards can serve your purpose.
Key features of Morphy Richards 20 L Solo Microwave Oven:
- The product comes with 20 liters capacity. It is suitable for the bachelors or working couples.
- This is a solo microwave oven, which is mainly used for reheating and defrosting food items. You can also cook Indian and Western foods in this oven.
- It does not have touchpad keys. Instead of touchpad, it comes with jog dials, which are regarded as more durable.
- This microwave offers 5 different power levels for cooking different kinds of recipes.
- Defrost function available
- Knob rotation dials
- Mirror finish door
- 2 years warranty
- 5 different power levels
- No child lock
- No convection and grill
- No fans
The Microwave Oven Buying Guide
Microwave oven makes cooking easier and lesser time-consuming. Hence, it is good to have such an appliance in your kitchen. Before buying such an oven, you need to think about a few factors. These factors are discussed in the following section of this article.
Solo or Convection:
Before buying microwave, you need to know about solo and convection ovens. Solo microwave ovens come at a low price, as they offer limited functions. You can cook, reheat, and defrost foods. With convection microwave, you can bake cakes and breads in addition to cook and reheat foods.
Touchpad or Tact Keys:
Modern microwave ovens come with touch pad controls. It is easy to operate and clean such microwave ovens. However, conventional knobs and keys offer durability.
Before buying a microwave oven, you need to check the capacity. Small microwave capacity starts from 20 liters. Such ovens are suitable for bachelors and working couples. For a medium and large family, microwave oven with 30 liters capacity is suitable.
Choosing a product from a reputed brand is always advantageous. Such products offer seamless functions and durability. Hence, buyers are recommended to go for branded microwave ovens.
Microwave ovens that offer output over 900 Watts is considered as suitable for quick cooking and reheating.
Keeping these things in mind will help you to purchase the right microwave oven for your kitchen. Checking reviews and ratings of the products before buying is highly recommended.