Traveling is an integral part of the millennial lifestyle. From the office to home, to meetings, etc. young professionals usually spend a longer portion of their lives on the go than at rest. And what more can be a better travel companion than your favorite beverage. A hot cup of tea or mug of coffee is not a stress buster but it also gives the required motivation and energy to work on hectic schedules. Especially for coffee lovers, the urge to have the pre-made drink in the perfect flavors on arriving at the destination and also while traveling is quite understandable. To cater to such needs, we have travel mugs or travel thermos flasks that preserve the original flavors and the temperature of the hot or cold beverage of your choice. In addition to letting you carry homemade drinks, these mugs save you from spending a lot on buying drinks or beverages every time you’re out and the hygiene of your drink is in your hands. The travel mugs also look stylish and are built to fit into the backpacks and cup holders of most cars. They are carefully designed to be leakproof. Some of the mugs also have additional features that allow you to make your coffee, tea, or fruit and vegetable infusions while traveling.
Top Travel Mugs to Buy in 2021
Travel mugs are available in several price ranges and some of them are described below for your convenience. The products are followed by a buying guide which will give you a clear idea about the various mandatory and optional features that you should consider while buying a traveling mug.
- Available in 10 color combinations and two capacities, this vacuum thermos insulated travel mug by InstaCuppa ensures to keep your beverages hot for 6 hours or cold for 12 hours on the go without altering the original taste of your tea or coffee.
- It’s BPA free and the lid can be opened and closed easily with just a click.
- The in-built filter makes this mug spill and leakproof and it easily fits into the car’s cup holder or your backpack.
- However, there’s no cap for the sipper and hence you might need to be careful about not putting the mug near anything dirty.
- Although this product is dishwasher safe, it’s slightly tricky to clean it.
- It comes with an anti-slip grip.
- In a stainless steel body, this travel mug by InstaCuppa comes with a 2-in-1 infusion unit that allows you to infuse tea, coffee, other leaves, and even fruits.
- It also comes with a steam outlet to prevent splashing of hot liquid.
- This mug is available in two sizes (350 and 470 ml) and 6 color combinations.
- Its filter prevents the drink from leaking or spilling and the BPA-free mug retains the original flavor of your drink.
- It’s airtight, rust-free, and the body comes with a silicone anti-slip grip.
- The mug is safe for the top rack of the dishwasher.
- Though it’s perfect for people living a healthy lifestyle, this product isn’t great as a sipper.
- With double-walled vacuum insulation and copper coating, this product helps in keeping beverages hot for approximately 8 hours and cold for nearly 14 hours.
- This product is freezer safe and fits into most car cup holders.
- It has a 300 ml capacity and comes in a classy black color.
- The product is dishwasher safe and can be used as a sipper.
- However, some customers have complained of an invasive product design.
- It can be operated with a simple touch and has a leak-proof lead.
- Made of high-quality stainless steel, food-grade PP, and BPA-free lid of polypropylene, this cup is lightweight, durable, and keeps beverages hot or cold for 4 to 6 hours.
- The bottom of the mug has a non-slip silicone pad to prevent the cup from slipping during travels.
- It has a capacity of 500ml and is available in 4 colors.
- The sipper design is easy to maintain, clean, and use on the go.
- However, you need to be careful with the hot beverages as the body seems to absorb the liquid’s heat when the mug is more than half full and might cause accidents if the beverage temperature is high.
- One of the expensive category mugs, this one from Nescafe allows you to not just carry beverages, but make your coffee on the go with Bluetooth connectivity that makes it easily connected to the ‘NESCAFE E Connected Mug’ App.
- The product comes with a spoon, docking station, safety leaflet, and a user manual.
- The Nescafe Classic, Nescafe Gold, and Nescafe Mixes are recommended to be used with this product that has 210ml capacity.
- You can get perfectly frothed coffee within 60-90 seconds, silently, and a wide variety of hot and cold coffee can be made with a touch of the button.
- Speaking of the disadvantages, this product might have Bluetooth connection problems with iPhones and you need to add cold milk to get cold coffee.
- Perfect for coffee lovers; this mug with a French press allows you to have freshly brewed beverages (especially with tea leaves and coffee grounds) on the go.
- It has a capacity of 400ml and can keep the beverage hot for 6 hours and cold for 12 hours with its double-walled, vacuum-sealed, stainless steel body.
- The easy-to-pump single arm on the lid helps to make three cups of tea or coffee with minimal effort, in one go.
- Though there have been some minor convenience-related complaints with this product, overall its leak-proof, durable, portable, and serves its purpose well.
- Available in 6 colors and within the affordable range, this thermos flask sipper comes with a steel mesh infuser making it perfect for coffee lovers.
- The inner insulation is done with 304 Food Grade plastic and it has an outer metal body.
- This flask is BPA-free and can keep beverages cold for 12 hours and hot for almost 6 hours.
- It comes with a leak-proof lid, auto shut-off, and is dishwasher safe.
- Cleaning the provide might be slightly time-consuming and it needs to be thoroughly cleaned to eliminate odors.
The Travel Mug Buying Guide
Travel mugs are available in a wide price range and depending on your requirements and budget, you need to choose one. Here are the features that you should look for in your mug.
Depending on what beverages you wish to carry, you need to select the cup capacity which also determines your budget. Also, bigger cups with greater capacity might be bulky and difficult to fit into backpacks and car cup holders. The cup’s size should be appropriate to be easily carried around without the tension of spilling. A perfect travel mug is ergonomically designed for easy handling.
Most of the travel mugs come with temperature retention technology that keeps your beverages hot or cold for more than 5 hours. If you decide to carry beverages that need temperature retention then you must check the insulation properties of the mug thoroughly which also affects the cost of the mug. Double-walled vacuum insulation in a mug is proved to keep your beverage warm/hot for the longest time. These mugs often come with Food Grade plastic or silicon body to prevent any accidents while holding the mug with the hot liquid.
Leakage Proof Mugs:
The most important feature of a travel mug is it being leakproof. A leaking mug can cause spillage that might destroy important documents, stain surfaces, or worse, cause serious burns from hot beverages. Hence you must invest in a good quality leakage and splash-proof mug to ensure the safety of yourself and your belongings. Also, travel mugs with leakage-proof sippers are the best on the go.
Easy to Clean:
Cleaning the nook and cranny of travel mugs might be tricky, but eliminating remains and odors is necessary if you travel daily. Several travel mugs are dishwasher safe and hence save your time and energy in washing the corners of the mug. Usually, a little soap and vinegar are enough to clean a travel mug without a dishwasher and with a brush. Some mugs have an inner coating that does not retain odors, stains, remains, etc., and are easy to clean. Persistent odors might interfere with the taste and smell of your beverage and some of the mugs have the inner lining which keeps your beverage unchanged in taste.
The built of the mug should be sturdy enough to endure rough usage during travels. The insulation material needs to be good enough for retaining the liquid’s temperature for a long time and without interfering with the beverage’s freshness or taste. Mugs made of Food Grade Plastic or stainless steel are the best for insulation as they do not alter the taste of the beverage and do not retain odors for your next travel. Food Grade Stainless Steel is also rust-proof and BPA free which prevents chemical leaching. Chemical leaching might cause health hazards and you must be cautious of the insulation material used, ensuring that it is chemical-free. High-quality travel mugs are a one-time investment as they save the cost of replacements.
Some mugs come with additional features like French press, infuser, etc. which might be chosen in case you need to prepare coffee, tea, or fruit infusions on the go. Some travel mugs come with an anti-slip grip, anti-slip base, etc. to ensure safe usage while traveling.
We hope this article helps you with your selection. Happy Shopping!