The weighing scale is that one piece of equipment that’s always present in the house of every fitness enthusiast. As people are being more and more conscious about their physical healths, many have started to keep a check on their weight daily. Abnormal or sudden changes in weight may be the symptom of some underlying disease requiring immediate attention, and hence, checking weights regularly is recommended by people who cannot opt for an intense physical workout or regular health check-ups.
The hi-tech weighing scales appear with a lot more features than the traditional analog ones. These features are useful in saving your time and money as you don’t have to get the measurements separately. Weighing scales are available in a variety of shapes and capacities which might be confusing to the layman. Hence here we have our top picks in this category followed by a detailed buying guide regarding the specifications that you must look for in your weighing scale.
Top Weighing Scales to Buy in 2021
Top five weighing scales have been reviewed in the following section.
Key features of Eufy by Anker, Smart Scale with Bluetooth, Body Fat Scale:
- Giving you a holistic view of your health, this weighing scale by Eufy provides 14 important measurements about your body instantly, like- Weight, percentage of body fat, body fat mass, body age, water content, bone and muscle mass, protein, etc.
- You can instantly switch between pounds and kilograms and the IOT coating gives precise measurements without any second guesses.
- The top plate is anti-slip, the corners are rounded to prevent accidental injuries, and the sturdy low design keeps the user stable during measurement.
- It can be instantly connected to your phones with Bluetooth connectivity and you can track the history of your body measurements.
- This device is not recommended for pregnant women, people with pacemakers or other medical machines inside their bodies, professional athletes, or children below 13-years of age.
Key features of Hoffen HO-18 Digital Weighing Scale:
- Available in four bright colors, this weighing scale uses a high precision strain gauge sensor system and has a capacity of 2.3 to 180Kgs.
- The machine comes with overload and low battery indicators as well as an auto shut-down feature to prevent battery drainage when not in use.
- It’s made of strong-bearing tempered glass that’s durable and long-lasting.
- The LED-lit digital display panel clearly and precisely shows the body weight and body temperature.
- The product needs to be placed firmly on a hard surface for obtaining accurate and consistent measurements.
- The slim design of this weighing scale makes it easy to store.
Key features of Venus EPS-2001 Electronic Bathroom Scale:
- With cute floral designs, you can choose between a bright red and vibrant purple color for this weighing scale.
- With a weight range of 5 kilograms to 180 kilograms, this machine is extremely lightweight and portable and uses a G sensor to display body weight and temperature accurately on an LCD screen.
- For the weighing scale to start functioning you’ve to remove the plastic cover from the batteries and to get precise results, you must not move the product in the switched-on position.
- Customers are also warned against using the product on wet floors as it functions on sensors that aren’t water-resistant.
Key features of HealthSense Dura-Glass PS 115 Personal Weighing Scale:
- Elegant in design, this milky white weighing machine is made of horizontally striped glass on a black or jet grey platform with curved edges and skid-proof feet for increased safety of the user.
- A blue backlit LCD shows the body weight and room temperature.
- For accurate results, it’s recommended that you use the product on a hard and level surface after which you need to initialize by placing one foot and waiting until the display shows 0 after which you can take the measurement.
- The weight range is between 5 kilograms and 100 kilograms. The product comes with 2 AAA batteries that are pre-installed in the product and properly disconnected with a seal, a battery indicator, and auto shut-down when not in use.
- Rarely, this product shows a slight difference with the weights of the user.
Key features of QUARK MART Digital Weighing Machine:
- If you need instant but accurate readings, this product with high precision sensors, is a perfect choice.
- This weighing scale comes with auto-shut-off, auto-zero, and auto-calibration.
- The most accurate results are shown when this scale is placed on a flat hard surface and the user stands in the middle.
- It comes with anti-skid padding to keep the platform stable and has a carrying capacity of 180 kilograms.
- The slim and compact design lets this product fit anywhere without consuming much space and it requires 2 AAA batteries to operate which have to be purchased separately.
- It’s recommended that you take several measurements on the first use to calibrate the product which will work fine thereon.
The Weighing Scale Buying Guide
There are plenty of weighing scale options within a wide price range and with a variety of features. In addition to the above-mentioned products, there might be several more that’d draw your attraction, and hence, we have a detailed buying guide here to aid your choice. Here are the parameters on which you should judge a machine before purchase.
Digital or Analog:
Analog weighing scales are the traditional ones from trusted and old brands that work on a spring mechanism to display the result using a pointer. These machines are prone to aging errors due to wear and tear in the spring mechanism whereas digital weighing machines provide more accurate results using G-sensors for a much longer time. Calibrating your digital weighing machine is possible when it isn’t for analog machines. Also, the analog machines simply display the bodyweight whereas the digital machines tend to display a lot more bodily measurements like water content, bone and muscle mass, body temperature, etc. With the increase in features and complexity, the price increases for digital machines. Also, it’s possible to connect some of the digital machines to your phone using Bluetooth to keep a track of your measurements which, in the case of the comparatively cheaper analog machines, needs to be done manually, i.e., by writing them down.
Most Indian weighing machines are designed to measure up to 150 kilograms and some can measure weights as low as 2.2 kilograms. Depending on the user’s body structure, you can choose the weighing machine after going through its weight capacity range. Some heavy-duty weighing machines also help in measuring weights more than 180Kgs but aren’t as lightweight or portable as the rest.
It’s always advised to use tempered glass, metal, or wooden weighing scales for they are less prone to breakage, and glass also gives moisture resistance, unlike the plastic machines that tend to break easily with the slightest careless usage.
Larger display size which can be easily read while standing up straight on the scale, which is the requirement of most machines to give accurate results, is necessary so that the users’ eyes aren’t stressed as they read the results.
A skid-proof base, as well as an anti-slip weighing plate, is essential to assure the safety of the user. If you intend to use the weighing scale in a bathroom, then the anti-skid feature is a must to prevent the water from touching the sensors of a digital machine which might interrupt the accuracy of the results.
Most of the digital weighing scales offer more than just the feature of measuring body weights and give additional readings which might be essential for diagnosis or keeping a track of your health. Some such essential features that you can consider getting with your weighing scale are as follows.
- Body Temperature – Though you can use a thermometer for this purpose, a weighing scale doing it for you would just make the process faster.
- Percentage of Body Fat – Some weighing scales use bioelectrical impedance along with other data collected, to determine the percentage of fat in your body which would give you a good idea about your body composition. This is particularly helpful when you wish to have muscle gain or lose weight.
- Lean Muscle Mass – This data would help you improve your body structure and strength.
- Weight Tracking – Some digital weighing scales also store your previous measurements to give you a fair idea of your change in weight and body mass.
There are other important measurements like water content, room temperature, protein content, etc. that you might want in your scale but the additional features would also increase the cost and complexity of the product.
We hope this article helped you. Happy Shopping!